Join Our Team
Want to share your love for all things YA on a regular basis with other YA lovers? We're always on the lookout for passionate regular writers who love to talk about books, movies, TV shows and other YA-focused things on a weekly or fortnightly basis and we can't wait to hear from you!
We're looking for:
- News writers - Are you up to date with all the latest news from the YA book, movie and TV world? We need news writers in all of these areas.
- Bookish article writers - Do you have opinion pieces you're dying to write about bookish topics? Have you created lists of your favourite books within certain genres? We want it all.
- TV reviewers & episode recappers - In love with teen TV shows? We want you on our team! We need people who have a passion for TV and can review TV shows per season, as well as episode recaps that provide entertaining and (if appropriate) funny recaps of each new episode, as near to the airing date as possible.
- Book reviews - We need people who love reading books to write reviews of the YA lit they're currently reading.
- Lifestyle writers - Think you know what matters most to young adults and teens? We're thinking about adding a lifestyle section to our website to go beyond the media and look into the themes that YA lovers really care about.
- Short story writers - Have a passion for writing? Think you can tell a story in one-part segments? Have a short story you're dying to tell, over a series of installments? As long as it's YA-based and appropriate for YA readers, we're looking for regular writers.
- Instagrammers - We're looking for people to regularly upload photo's of YA bookish things, preferably a couple of times a week. High-quality photographs are needed and they must fit the theme of our current instagram account.
Being a regular on-going writer for YA Love means you will have your own profile on our "our team" page (containing your photograph (or avatar), bio and any blog/social media links you'd like to promote) which will be linked at the bottom of each post you submit. Being part of the YA Love team means you submit pieces regularly, without missing deadlines (of course, sometimes life gets in the way, but deadlines are the most important part of our editorial schedule) on a weekly or a fortnightly basis. All positions we currently offer are voluntary, including our own!
Additions to our team should be passionate about all things YA, smart, creative and have good grammatical, spelling and general writing skills, as well as being 18 years old or over.
If you're interested in any of the above areas of writing, please complete the below form and we may be in touch if we're interested in adding you to our team.