It's another TV show review.... Gosh I'm super excited to share this one with you all because when I first watched it, I had no idea I was going to love it as much as I do! Due to popular debate, there have been some mixed thoughts and opinions, but I figured it was time to put my review skills to the test and give my honest and full thoughts about this show.
But first let me....
Say thanks to all of the bloggers, friends, and people who told me to watch this show from the start and commented on my blog post about the shows I wanted to watch. I took your advice, as I always do because I trust you folks, believe it or not. I should really take your guys' advice more often.
Daredevil follows the plot of young Matt Murdoch and starts off when he pushes a man out of the street from an incoming truck accident. The truck drops its cargo on Matt, which actually turns out to be radioactive chemicals leaving poor little Matt blind. Not only is he blind, but the chemicals actually grant him these heightened senses where he doesn't even need his eyes to see because his other senses do the job just fine. He can do extremely cool and weird things like smell a cigarette from a block away, tell you how many days you haven't watched your hair, and hear conversations from far away that aren't supposed to be heard. As he grows up and becomes a man his abilities grow as well and he realizes that with these new powers, he can do great things and bring people to justice. He becomes the "masked man", a crime-fighting attorney of the law by day and a masked vigilante by night.
· Let me be frank and say that I will love any MARVEL production and have a soft spot for them in my heart. I particularly enjoy how they're based on comics.
· Daredevil is such a unique show because we've never seen a TV show where the main character is a kick-butt superhero and yet he's blind!! His abilities didn't make much sense to me at first, but I soon got to understand and love his character.
· Charlie Cox, playing Matt Murdoch, actually played as Tristan in Neil Gaiman's adaptation of Stardust.
· The best action and fighting scenes just like the ones in the Avengers movie. I swear, it's so comparable and similarly awesome!
· As always, the hot main star, Matt Murdoch. He's just so mysterious and intriguing. *whispers* Plus the producers like to show a lot of abs (just saying...)
I didn't want to say dislikes because there was really nothing I disliked about the show.
· Each episode runs for 1-hour. It's kind of longer than most TV shows on the network, but I would expect nothing less from an action MARVEL thriller.
· Love is not prevalent. Sorry ladies (and men). If you're looking for a romantic action show with a lot of making out and chilling in bed, this might not be the show for you. This show is more focused on other things like revenge, morals, justice, and the law.
· PERSONAL OPINION: I just hated the protagonist haha...
Yay or nay?
Hell freaking yes! (Sorry for all my curses lately. I'm a teenager girl who learns from the world around her). This is a show you should be keeping your eye on, ladies and gentlemen. And if you haven't started it, what are you waiting for? I've given tons of advice for TV shows and books, maybe enough to say you can trust me on this, okay? Thanks for reading, and I really hope you love this show as much as I do.